Sunday, April 12, 2009

Joyous Easter Blessings

eggs-cp

It has been a nice week around here, full of sunshine and baseball and red-budding trees. The daffodils are wide open and flaunting their bright yellow. The tulips and lilacs and forsythias are showing hints of the colors to come.

 

I think that has to be much of why I love spring as I do. Of course, it also signifies winter's end and the hope of warm shirt-sleeve weather. But the colors of spring are amazing and filter joy into my soul.

 

This week has also been a time of more interaction with young people: the boys on the field, the children buzzing around the bleachers, children again on their bicycles and on shank's mare (a Scottish term for on foot). On top of that, I received a lovely letter from an eighth grader wanting to know more about what it's like to be an author. It was flattering and joy-inspiring. Touching the minds of young people is an honor. It should always be respected as such.

 

Speaking of, my children are waiting on me to finish Easter dinner and go watch a fun movie with them -- our Easter tradition. Afterwards, we'll work it off romping with the dogs.

 

I leave you today with a link to a free story I wrote some time ago, Jacob's Cross. "Alicia goes fishing in the dark of night to wrestle with her grief and to try to understand the nature of loss and sacrifice." It's religion centered but also has general life connotations. If you check it out, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

 

Wishing you a beautiful, spirit-filled, peaceful Easter and a beautiful spring full of joyous events, large and small.

No comments: