Wednesday, June 12, 2013

FT Scenery: Lakeview Museum Peoria IL

LakeviewMuseum-Hawkins
Lakeview Museum of Arts and Science plays a strong role in The gallery, both in Finishing Touches and Final Strokes. Of course. It’s a story about artists set partly in Peoria IL in the Eighties, so Lakeview had to be included.

I see that the original Lakeview is no longer in use. Now it’s moved down to the river front and is the Peoria Riverfront Museum. That’s nice, I suppose. It looks like a great facility from what I see online. But it makes me a bit homesick for “those days” when things were as they were when I was still living in the area.

My sister took the above photo for me a few years ago to use in the book trailer for Finishing Touches.

Things do change, but the art scene is still thriving in Peoria. Know the old saying: “If it doesn’t play in Peoria…”? I love finding all of the art related pages on Facebook based in the area, such as The Studios on Sheridan. In fact, I have a recent interview from one of the resident artists that’s well worth the read (and a glimpse of her work).

Connie Andrews talks with Elucidations.us

The good thing about old memories for a writer is that they make for great story fodder. Much of that feel is forever encapsulated in The gallery and folded around a growing and struggling relationship and children and careers and unresolved issues.

Life is a gallery. You never know what you might find on any
MichelangeloAnselmi-Christ_and_Woman_of_Samaria-LakeviewMuseum given aisle on any given day or how it might change your vision.

If you’re on
Goodreads, be sure to click the link to your right to enter my Giveaway for one of 2 ARCs of The gallery (yes, the g is small, on purpose). These are not for sale copies my editors used to help find typos and other errors. They will be signed.

Do you have a favorite local art museum? Give it a shout out in the comments!



No comments: