Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Smashwords Supports Operation Ebook Drop

Anyone who has known me for any time knows I'm highly military supportive. So when I found this new project yesterday that combines my support of the military with my support of literacy (and love of reading in general), I had to sign on.

Operation Ebook Drop, formed and run by indie author Edward C. Patterson, allows independent authors to donate free copies of their Ebooks to deployed servicemembers. [I'm unsure about contracted authors -- you would have to check with your publishers.] I signed up last night and already have a list of names to contact. Only five weeks into the program and there's a long and growing list of servicemembers looking for books to help fill down time, and over 70 indie authors signed up. If you have a loved one deployed who would like to be included, or if you are an author interested in signing up, more info is at the link below.

Smashwords: Smashwords Supports Operation Ebook Drop

I'll be sending out emails today and will post updates as to how it's going. If the link doesn't work for you, contact me directly at info @ lkhunsaker.com (take spaces out) and I'll send you the info you need!

2 comments:

Keena Kincaid said...

What a cool project! I'm going to check it out. Thanks for bringing attention to it.

Stephanie Burkhart said...

Ditto, what Keena said. I'm also highly supportive of the military (having been army for 11 years) Thanks for letting us know about this, Loraine!

Smiles
Steph