Friday, July 27, 2007

Be A Character!

It's an interactive short story contest! Well, it's not a contest as much as a fun project where you can get involved.

It looks like I'll be moving soon, and since I write my novels on the computer and it'll have to be turned off and shipped to the new location (yes, the idea is disconcerting but I'll have my backups on my trusty jump drive), I think I'll use the time to work on a new short story, going back to my old tradition of paper and pencil.

About what? I don't know yet. That's where you come in.

Are you interested in being a character or helping to build a plot? Simple ... answer the following questions and post them on my message board (the password to get in is raucous at the moment) with your first name only (or nickname) and I'll choose whatever most strikes my muse to develop a story around. If I use your character or setting, I'll mail you a copy of the finished story, signed with a thank you. And you'll get bragging rights when I add it to my site as a free read.

Please note: all rights to the story remain with the author, with the right to publish granted and no financial compensation given, so if you're a writer, do not use your characters or plot info! I'm looking for readers interested in being an interactive part of writing.

Also note: I do not do horror, sci fi, or suspense and will delete any post rated over PG-13.

Post comments here, but answers to the questions ONLY on my message board: http://www.voy.com/198742/

No deadline as of now since I have no actual moving date yet. I'll update.

Have fun!
~~ ~~ ~~

What one song most describes who you are?

If you could go anywhere on earth, where would you go and why?

If you were interviewing someone for a potential date and had only one question to ask, what would it be?

What one event in your life most affected your personality or future actions?

Do you have a nickname? How did you get it? If not, what would you choose as a nickname and why?

If you were a car, what kind would you be?

Do you have any odd hobbies?

What theme would you use for your bedroom if money was no object? Describe it.

If you were in a story, which role would you play (lead, supporting, best friend, nemesis...)?

BONUS for those who have read my work: Which of my characters are you most like or would you most want to be?

**Not all questions must be answered to participate, but give me enough to go on.**

No comments: