Thursday, August 27, 2009

CRR is HERE!

As a Classic Romance Revival affiliate author, I’ve been blogging at the CRR blog nearly once a month for some time now while awaiting the launch of the website … and now it’s LIVE!

What is the Classic Romance Revival? It’s genre romance in its classic form, meaning various heat levels but never pushing the line into erotica and always between two committed characters, one male and one female. While we respect whatever type of romance others like to write and read, we’ve recognized some have pulled away from reading any romance because they aren’t sure what they’re getting.

At CRR, you may get a fair amount of heat in our sophisticated line. You may get sweet romance with no more than a lovely kiss. Or you may get something in between. You’ll get contemporaries, historicals, fantasy, and paranormal. You’ll find musicians and soldiers and cowboys and bikers and time travelers and artists and pirates. You won’t find a lot of graphic detail. And you won’t find bed-hopping only for the sake of … well, for the sake of bed-hopping.

CRR does romance. Real romance. The girl-meets-boy. The struggles of forming and holding relationships. The happy endings.

You’ll even find a few of my books in the bookstore.

It’s a bit funny to advertise this here and now at this point when I’m not sure my next book fits the CRR category well, being more literary and less romance. However, I do have those that fit better and I have plans for stories that will fit even more. In fact, I may be starting one in November for Nanowrimo, a shorter work, more genre romance, historical.  It’s in formation stage in my head.

Anyway, go check out CRR! I’ve been reading some of the authors’ books and I can tell you there’s a lot worth reading there. ;-)

4 comments:

Margaret Tanner said...

Hi Loraine,
Well put. I think CRR is going to be an exciting place for us. I am proud to be an Affiliate author there too. Jude has done a marvelous job.

Cheers
Margaret

Hywela Lyn said...

I couldn't agree more, Margaret and Loraine. I'm also proud to be a CRR affiliate author and hope to be able to take a more active part soon.
I think the CRR website fills a niche that's been waiting to be filled for a long time.

Linda Banche said...

Hi Loraine, great description of CRR. Just what we need.

Stephanie Burkhart said...

Lorraine, I think you did a great job telling us about CRR and ultimately they embody what I ENJOY about the romance genre - boy meets girl, girl and boy fall in love, struggle, yet in the end there's a happy, hopeful, insirpirational ending. I'm looking forward to hanging out at CRR.

Steph